"Too, fat, to thin that's just media spin. You look best when you are comfortable in your skin."
They gave me support, security, and trust. They contacted me with the best Colombian doctors in the high-quality clinics and they gave me excellent services such as pain management, a nurse at home, hyperbaric chamber and physiotherapists. If someone is thinking about carrying out the medical procedure in Colombia, do not hesitate to contact them, they will surely make your experience as satisfying as mine.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a popular cosmetic surgical procedure that is designed to improve the appearance of the tummy area by toning and tightening muscles and excess skin in the upper and lower abdominal regions. Total procedure time is approximately 3 hours.
Contact us to learn more about tummy tuck surgery, its benefits, the recovery process and whether it is the right procedure for you.
Our medical team includes plastic surgeons, nurses, psychologists and dietitians who would love to share their extensive knowledge and experience with you.
Your tummy tuck plan may include:
- Personalized guidance interview to explore solutions and alternatives
- Surgeon and hospital fees
- Pre-operative assessment and examinations
- Medical consultation with surgeon and anaesthetist
- Health insurance
- Pain management
- Hyperbaric chamber
- Massage and ultrasound therapy
- Post-operative clothing
- Nursing care
As a national or international patient you could have:
- Accommodation & transportation
- Tourism guides before-after your treatment
- Digital follow up when you are in your country (in some countries we do have ally’s can help you to follow your recovery process)
Tummy tuck procedure
During a tummy tuck, the doctor determines the amount of excess skin to be removed and proceeds to use contouring techniques to restore a flat, toned abdomen.
The abdominoplasty procedure is used to tighten your abdominals and remove excess fatty tissue and skin to reveal a more aesthetically pleasing shape.
When a pregnant belly expands and contracts, the skin often becomes stretched. This can also be the case for people who gain (and lose) significant weight over a relatively short period of time. In such cases, diet and exercise unfortunately are not sufficiently effective, as they do not help in making the skin more elastic.
The art of curing your body and mind- A happier, healthier and prettier you
Physical benefits of tummy tuck
• Youthful- looking body. Following pregnancy and significant weight loss, it is common for the abdominal muscles to become loose and separated. When this occurs, the abdomen begins to protrude. By tightening the underlying muscular structure with a tummy tuck, you can achieve a firmer core with a more toned aesthetic
• Restore a flat tummy. The battle with fat can often be frustrating and losing one. Troublesome fat deposits can cause you to appear flabby and mask the curves and contours of your body. Removing unwanted fat helps provide more enhanced definition of your abdominal contours, which can be customized to best highlight your body’s natural curvature.
• Eliminate excess skin: An accumulation of abdominal skin may cause you to appear frumpy and may prevent your clothing from fitting comfortably. Trimming away excess skin will highlight and reveal your toned abdominal contour.
Medical Benefits of tummy tuck surgery include:
• Easier to maintain weight loss
• Improved posture
• Reduced stress urinary incontinence
• Relief from hernias
• Increased exercise tolerance
Quality of life and emotional well-being with tummy tuck surgery
• Improved confidence. Perhaps the greatest benefit of a tummy tuck is improved confidence. A tummy tuck can help patients feel younger and more attractive. It can increase self-esteem and improve overall quality of life.
• More energy. You will have much better workouts, you will feel stronger and your energy levels will improve.
* Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Recovering from a tummy tuck
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle
Leading a healthy lifestyle after your tummy tuck is crucial. Rest as much as possible and follow all medical instructions to look after your wound. You may need to wear compressive stockings on your legs for seven to ten days after the operation and compression garment for several weeks.
In most cases, tummy tuck patients are able to return to work and their everyday activities after one week but will need to limit strenuous physical or heavy lifting activities for three to four weeks following the procedure to avoid straining the mid-section. Most patients experience swelling in the abdomen for a few days.
After six weeks, most major swelling should subside and the final results should be visible almost immediately. However, it may take several months for you to see the final results of your flat abdomen as the swelling subsides and the incision heals.
Is Tummy Tuck for you?
Tummy tuck could be an option for you if:
• You have stubborn fat, excess skin folds and stretch marks in the abdominal region that do not improve with diet or exercise
• The shape of your abdomen has been affected by pregnancy or significant weight loss
• You feel that your protruding abdomen is unattractive
• Your self-confidence is marred by your stomach contour
Patients often choose to combine a tummy tuck with another procedure such as liposuction or breast augmentation. This is sometimes referred to as a “Mommy Makeover” and can be an excellent choice for women who would like to improve their bodies after having children.
If you are concerned about the way you look or are thinking about cosmetic treatments to boost your confidence, there are alternatives. These may include lifestyle changes or learning to accept yourself the way you are.