"Too, fat, to thin that's just media spin. You look best when you are comfortable in your skin."
I really liked the experience I had in Colombia with Curart. All medical services provided have been excellent, at all times. I am very grateful to Dr. Mejía, Dr. Torres, the physiotherapists, the hotel staff and Natalia who was in charge of organizing my trip. There is no pain after my surgery. Pure Life!
The liposuction is ideal plastic if you have excess localized fat or if you want to shape your figure in specific places. Through the ultrasound liposuction, with an ultrasound probe, fat is emulsified before its disposal. This facilitates the process of liposuction, reduces pain, and upturns the healing process. After the demarcation of the patient, their sensitivity is blocked. This procedure is performed by incisions of 4 mm in length hidden in their underwear or bikini. Approximate duration of the ultrasound liposuction: 1 to 3 hours
Please contact us to learn more about liposuction surgery, its benefits, the recovery process and whether it is the right procedure for you.
Our medical team includes plastic surgeons, nurses, psychologists and dietitians who would love to share their extensive knowledge and experience with you.
Your liposuction may include:
- Personalised guidance interview to explore solutions and alternatives
- Pre-operative assessment and examinations
- Medical consultation with plastic surgeon and anaesthetist
- Medical insurance (national and international coverage)
- Pain management and hyperbaric chamber
- Post-operative medicine and clothing
- Post-operative massage treatment
- Nursing care
* We have customized plans for your own needs and budget.
As a national or international patient you could have:
- Accommodation & transportation
- Tourism guides before-after your treatment
- Digital follow up when you are in your country (in some countries we do have ally’s can help you to follow your recovery process)
* We have customized plans for your own needs and budget.
Whilst there are many different methods available to carry out the liposuction surgery, in general, most procedures involve making an incision in the skin through which a suction tube (cannula) is inserted. Excess fat is then extracted; importantly, the surrounding blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue remain intact.
Many areas of our bodies retain excess fat, particularly as we age. Irrespective of our diet, how active we are in our daily lives and how much formal exercise we engage in, it is many times not possible to remove fat from certain parts of our bodies.
Localized accumulation of fat that cannot be reduced with diet or exercise may be due to family traits rather than a lack of weight control or fitness. Methods are safe and can produce beautiful, natural and permanent results. The result is a permanent and immediate change in the shape of the body.
Some doctors use techniques to define key muscle groups like the abdomen. Depending on the patient, they may also combine liposuction this with fat transfer techniques. For example, the removed fat (through liposuction) can be used to sculpt and enhance other areas of your body such as the buttocks.
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.
Physical achievements with liposuction Surgery
• Slimmer appearance. Fat accumulation in specific areas of the body (such as the abdomen thighs, buttocks, arms, neck and under the chin) can cause unsightly bulges that may be ruining your smooth and attractive contours. Often, men and women complain of localized fat preventing clothing from fitting properly, which can cause feelings of self-consciousness. Liposuction eliminates this excess fat to better define the contours of your body and produce a slimmer, more toned and healthier-looking appearance.
• Wide range of treatment areas. Liposuction is the only fat removal treatment that can be used in almost any area of the body. The high level of specificity of the fat removal treatment provides a wide range of options for patients and can lead to highly rewarding results.
• Effective fat removal. The fat is physically removed from the body using a cannula rather than broken down and absorbed by the body – this ensures fat elimination.
Medical benefits of liposuction surgery include:
• Easier to Maintain Weight Loss, with a significant range of health benefits
• Improved Posture
• Reduced levels of Stress Urinary Incontinence
• Relief from Hernias
• Increased Exercise Tolerance, which can enhance long-term health outcomes
The benefits listed above can be achieved with liposuction as you maximize the potential for lifestyle changes with your ‘new’ you. However, it is important to note that having liposuction performed on your body will not directly help prevent cardiovascular disease or improve your general health and wellbeing.
Quality of life and enhanced emotional well-being with liposuction surgery
• Increased self-confidence. Patients who are self-conscious about their bodies often avoid particular social situations. For example, someone who is unhappy with excess abdominal fat may be uncomfortable wearing certain clothing, such as dresses and swimwear. Liposuction is a minimally invasive way to enhance your body’s natural contours. Your renewed and enhanced self-belief and confidence will let your true personality shine. Removing unwanted body fat can give you a much-desired boost in self-esteem.
• More energy. You will have higher levels of energy that will enable you to be more active as part of your daily life, to have much better workouts and to feel healthier and stronger.
* Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Recovering from liposuction
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle
It is common to experience bruising, swelling and redness following liposuction. You may experience some mild discomfort that can be controlled using oral pain medication. You will wear a compression garment around the treatment area to minimize excess swelling, facilitate the healing process and improve your overall results. You should avoid strenuous physical activities for two to three weeks following the surgery.
Major swelling should subside within three weeks and minor swelling may last up 8 weeks. You should wear a compression garment for up to four weeks to ensure proper skin contraction. Your improved body contour will appear when the swelling and fluid retention subside.
In most cases, the ‘extra’ skin will contract (tighten) after liposuction; however, in some cases, a procedure to remove excess skin may also be needed.
While liposuction permanently removes fat, substantial weight gain after surgery can lead to further build-up of fatty tissue, reducing the overall result.
Living a healthy lifestyle and controlling your weight through a low-fat diet and appropriate levels of exercise can help you enjoy the liposuction results for a long time (even permanently).
Is liposuction for you?
If you are bothered by excess fat deposits located anywhere on your body that do not respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.
Generally, you might be a good candidate for liposuction if:
• You are an adults within 30% of your ideal weight and have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
• You are a healthy person who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
• You are a non-smoker
• You have a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
As with all procedures, it is important to be aware of the limitations of this operation and to have realistic expectations and a commitment to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Although age is not generally a concern, older people may have less skin elasticity and may not achieve the same results as a younger person with tighter skin.
In some cases, liposuction is performed alone. In other cases, it can be combined with other surgeries such as a facelift, breast reduction or ‘tummy tuck’ for added definition, tighter musculature and a more significant contour benefit.
A follow-up operation may sometimes be recommended to reduce excess skin. This may occur when large amounts of fat – usually more than five litres – are suctioned.