"If you look good, you feel good, and If you feel good, you do good."
They gave me support, security, and trust. They contacted me with the best Colombian doctors in the high-quality clinics and they gave me excellent services such as pain management, a nurse at home, hyperbaric chamber and physiotherapists. If someone is thinking about carrying out the medical procedure in Colombia, do not hesitate to contact them, they will surely make your experience as satisfying as mine.
Get ready for a serious boost in self-confidence and beauty – mommy makeover surgery will restore your beautiful, toned and youthful post-pregnancy body. This procedure will be life-changing – you will be transformed physically and your pride in your appearance and overall confidence will be better than ever before.
A mommy makeover focuses primarily on a breast and abdomen procedure, with additional elements being added as needed based on your condition and wishes. The total procedure time is approximately 3-4 hours.
Contact us to learn more about mommy makeover surgery and its multiple benefits, as well as the recovery process. We will guide you so that you can decide if it is the right procedure for you.
Our technical health team includes renowned plastic surgeons, nurses, psychologists and dietitians who would love to share their extensive knowledge and experience with you.
Your mommy makeover surgery may include:
- Personalized guidance interview to explore solutions and alternatives
- Pre-operative assessment and examinations
- Medical consultation with plastic surgeon and anesthetist
- Medical insurance (national and international coverage)
- Pain management and hyperbaric chamber
- Post-operative medicine
- Post-operative massage treatment
- Nursing care
* We have customized plans for your own needs and budget.
As a national or international patient you could have:
- Accommodation & transportation
- Tourism guides before-after your treatment
- Digital follow up when you are in your country (in some countries we do have allies can help you to follow your recovery process)
* We have customized plans for your own needs and budget.
Mommy makeover procedure
A mommy makeover surgery is designed for women who have finished having children and are ready to regain control of their lives and have their pre-pregnancy bodies back. For the majority of women, multiple procedures can be performed during a single operation, allowing you to improve several areas of your body while undergoing only one surgery and recovery period.
A mommy makeover generally includes a tummy tuck and associated liposuction, as well as breast lift for a complete rejuvenation of your body. Tummy tucks are used to remove excess skin and fat from your tummy area, and to tighten abdominal muscles. Breast lifts are used to reduce sagging and restore the balance and symmetry of your breasts. Some women may also desire a breast augmentation to restore lost volume or breast reduction to have a slimmer overall look. Vaginal rejuvenation or labiaplasty is becoming an increasingly popular procedure, available for those women who desire intimate changes to restore their pre-pregnancy size and shape of their labia.
One reason for the popularity of the mommy makeover is that it has no pre-defined components; as such, the procedure is custom-tailored to fit each woman’s unique needs and desires.
Curart doctors are willing to perform combination surgeries as long as they are well within the standards of patient safety and comfort. Some women will require a staged approach to their Mommy Makeover plan to ensure a safe intervention and a satisfactory recovery process.
The art of curing your body and mind – a healthier, happier and more confident you
Physical achievements with mommy makeover:
- Improve breast symmetry. Following pregnancy, especially for women who nursed, breasts tend to lose volume. They often appear deflated, become soft or begin to sag. Breast augmentation and/or breast lift surgery can help restore volume and provide you with firmer and more youthful breasts. The procedure can also repair stretched or large nipples/areolas.
- Flatter, more toned tummy. Rapid stretching of the skin and abdominal muscles during pregnancy can leave your stomach looking stretched long after your baby is born. A tummy tuck removes excess lower abdominal skin and stretch marks, and tightens the abdominal skin. Abdominoplasty repairs the muscles of the abdominal wall, bringing them back together in the midline after to repair the stretching that occurs during pregnancy. This procedure reshapes the tummy and flanks/hips, using liposuction to give you a more proportional and fitter contour.
- Slender body contours. It is often difficult to rid the body of excess fat, especially when you also have all the responsibilities of being a mother and (for a growing number of women these days) also working. Liposuction can be performed on almost any area of the body to produce more slender and attractive body contours.
- Removal of stretch marks. When you are pregnant, your skin stretches quickly to accommodate your growing baby. This can lead to stretch marks, irrespective of the use of skincare products. Women can also get stretch marks on their hips and thighs when they lose weight after birth. If you have felt too embarrassed of your stretch marks to wear a bikini on the beach, a mommy makeover can easily help restore your confidence.
Benefits of liposuction surgery include:
- Multiple surgeries at once. When you get a mommy makeover, you can have a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast lift. That means less scheduling problems and a single recovery period, as well as fewer billing and insurance matters to resolve. The price will also be significantly reduced when multiple procedures are done at once.
- A more dramatic effect. Rather than prolonging your transformation through several months or years of procedures, a mommy makeover allows you to do everything at once. This means that you (and others) will see big changes in a short amount of time. Evidence shows that this more dramatic change can play a big part in giving you the motivation to make those lifestyle adjustments that will enable you to retain your new look.
Quality of life and enhanced emotional well-being
- As a mother, we encourage you to avoid feeling guilty when considering doing something for yourself, such as a mommy makeover. Your self-confidence and self-concept are important not just for you, but also for your partner and family. Increased self-confidence. Your body image is directly related with how you see yourself. When you feel fit, healthy and sexy, your will have marriage benefits and your children will get to see a vibrant, positive and energetic mother who serves as a great role model.
- We believe that there is nothing selfish or vain with a woman wanting to look as fit, youthful and healthy as she can be!
Recovering from mommy makeover
Combining techniques decreases cost and recovery time. With advances in pain medication, most women can have a comfortable recovery and can easily manage having two or more procedures at one time.
The mommy makeover will be performed as an outpatient surgery – this allows you to recover at home. For additional assistance during the first 24 hours, we generally recommend an overnight recovery suite so that your surgeon can be available and prescribe the necessary pain medications for a comfortable recovery. This will enable you to enjoy the loving care of our nurses and other carers.
How soon you can resume normal activities depends greatly on what procedures were done and your lifestyle. Most patients will be able to resume light activities within two weeks and can return to more sedentary jobs at that time.
We recommend resuming activities gradually, leaving physical work and strenuous exercise until the 6-8-week mark. After six weeks, most major swelling should subside and the results should be visible. However, it may take several months for you to see the final results of your flat abdomen as the swelling subsides and the incision heals.
No heavy lifting, including babies – vigorous exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for at least six weeks after your mommy makeover; this includes carrying babies and children over 5 kilograms (10 pounds). As such, it is important that you have support with your children during this period.
Incisions are placed low to ensure they will be easily hidden with clothing. Many women report that incisions heal into very thin scars that are almost unnoticeable after about a year.
You will still need gym time – to ensure the results from your mommy makeover are long-lasting, we recommend that you adopt a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and routine exercise schedule.
When performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon, a mommy makeover can be a rewarding procedure with long-lasting results.
Is mommy make over for you?
Determining the right time for a mommy makeover is largely a personal decision. We empower you to discuss your needs and wishes openly with our medical team so that you can decide what is best for you. There are certain factors to consider when timing a mommy makeover and choosing the procedures you will have.
- You must be fully recovered from childbirth before undergoing surgery. If you are considering breast surgery, you should wait until several months after you are finished breastfeeding to allow the breasts to return to a stable size and shape.
- Certain non-surgical treatments, such as injectables, may not be recommended while you are still breastfeeding. Typically, it is best to wait until you are finished having children before undergoing surgical “lifting” procedures, such as tummy tuck, breast lift, or lower body lift surgery. If you plan to become pregnant again in the future, non-surgical body contouring and skin treatments can be cost-effective options for interim treatments.
- A mommy makeover is for non-smokers – smoking decreases circulation, delaying wound healing and substantially increasing the chance for serious complications to occur. If you are a smoker, you should quit smoking for at least four weeks before and four weeks after your mommy makeover.
Frequently asked questions about mommy make over
How long after my pregnancy should I wait before undergoing my mommy makeover?
You should allow your body adequate healing time after pregnancy before undergoing a Mommy Makeover. Most women wait six months to a year. During this time, you should use diet and exercise to lose and maintain a stable weight, strengthen your abdominal muscles, and allow stretched skin to shrink back as much as possible.
Can I have children after my mommy makeover?
The mommy makeover procedure does not prevent you from having children. However, to ensure the best results possible, it is advised to undergo a Mommy Makeover only after you are finished having children.